Dog Food: Montego KAROO
Price: Adult R629 – 20kg bag (R31.45/kg)
Cheapest Place to Buy: PetHeaven.co.za
Bag Sizes: 1.75kg, 8kg, 20kg
Dog Size: Puppy, Adult, Senior
KAROO Dog Food (simply known as KAROO) is another brand that is made by the Montego Pet Nutrition Family. Montego is known for delivering quality, value for money kibble for your dogs. The KAROO range carries on this tradition.
Montego describes KAROO as a super premium diet. It is considered a better quality dog food than their Classic Dog Food Range, and of course at a higher price. A higher price is not always a bad thing, provided that the quality of the product you are buying matches the value you are getting for it.
Does KAROO cater for your dog?
The KAROO range has been designed to cater for all dogs, from small breed puppies to your senior aged old faithful. Their range is as follows:
- Small Breed Puppy
- Large Breed Puppy
The Adult and Senior ranges do not have separate pellet sizes for small and large breed dogs. They have a one-size-fits-all approach where their pellets are small enough for small (not minute) breeds to easily chew. They also do not specify at what age their senior range starts, this is most likely because large and small breed dogs start their senior years at very different times. But I think we all know when our dogs are reaching their ‘senior years’!
The KAROO Puppy, Adult and Senior are available in 1.75kg, 8 kg and 20 kg bags. If you want to test KKAROO on your dog I recommend first purchasing one of the smaller bags, just in case it has a reaction with your dog or your dog does not like the taste, you do not waste a 20kg bag.
Why chose KAROO?
- Due to KAROO being manufactured in the Montego factory in Graaff-Reinet, is in ‘manufactured’ under the same quality controls as the other Montego ranges – read more here….
- Quality ingredients are used
- High in Protein (22%). The protein comes from a mix of lamb, chicken and ostrich.
- Contains minerals for maintaining strong bones and teeth
- Contains Omega fatty acids & zinc for healthy skin and a glossy coat
- Contains immune system boosting antioxidants and vitamins to help keep your dog healthy
- Contains inulin and sugar beet pulp which are prebiotics (dietary fibres) that aid digestion
- Contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin to keep the joints well lubed
Full Ingredient List
Maize, chicken, rice, lamb, poultry oil, ostrich, beet pulp, brewers yeast, natural flavouring agents, fish oil, inulin, egg powder, potassium chloride, salmon oil powder, salt, encapsulated fatty acids, glucosamine & chondroitin, essential minerals, vitamins, approved antioxidants.
– Generally either maize or rice is used as a base. Rice is a higher quality ingredient to be used as a base. KAROO does not make mention of the ratio of maize-to-rice in the recipe.
Where is KAROO available?
It is available throughout South Africa at various retail and pet accessory stores. To find a retailer near you, click here…
You can also purchase it online at PetHeaven.co.za. Pet Heaven offers the following savings:
- R100 off your first order
- 20% off your first ‘scheduled delivery’
- Up to 10% every other ‘scheduled delivery’ thereafter
- Free delivery on orders over R500
So what are you waiting for?
Backed by the strong Montego name, KAROO is a great, well-rounded, value-for-money dog food kibble. It has a range of quality ingredients and nutrients to help keep your dog active and living its best life!
* Do you have any questions are comments on this product? If so, please leave a comment below and we will gladly get back to you.